The project must be original, new and advanced to any solutions readily available in the marketplace or industry.
The project must be created, conceptualized and led by young entrepreneurs or those with entrepreneurial traits. University undergraduates are not eligible for incubation, while graduates with a university degree should have the needed skills to be incubated. We accept a startup with a single cofounder in case the cofounder has a good team with him. Moreover, the team should dedicate their full time/efforts to leading the project.
the project needs to be focusing on developing a technology-related product or providing a service related to any sector but through creating a tool using space technology as an enabler such as developing an application, a platform or software etc.
The project should offer an economically compelling proposition for investors or incubators.
Entrepreneurs with prototypes/ proof of concept or startups in business in less than one year can apply.
If you have a business plan and a prototype and are looking for incubation at the Egyptian Space Agency Incubator "Space Startup Hub”, You can now apply to SSH incubation. The submitted applications will be evaluated, and an invitation for pitching will be sent to the preliminarily accepted teams. The incubation package exists of:
• 150,000 EGP in Cash over three instalments based on milestones achievement
• Up to 50,000 EGP of in-kind services such as consultancy services, software, hardware and support in marketing.
• A working space with basic furniture and Internet Access.
• Basic hardware and software tools during the incubation time.
• Access to technical, subject-matter advisory, business consulting.
Step 1: Apply and Submit your business plan If you don't have a business plan, you can use Business Plan Template to prepare your business plan. Step 2: Interview Phase Step 3: Pitching
|1.Application and Business Plan|
|2.Announcement of preliminary accepted applications|
|3.Interviews with shortlisted teams (SSH Pr-Incubator Program graduates are exempted from this phase based on performance feedback received from the SSH team and will pass directly to the pitching phase)|
|4.Interviews results and call for pitching|
|6.Announcement of winners|
|7.Beginning of Incubation|
SSH incubation is all about finding and supporting innovative startups with high commercialization potential. Therefore, for the project to be adequate for incubation, the project must score well on the following set of criteria:
Space fields: The project must be serving any of the broad Space industrial categories or related to any of its vast inclusions.
• The administrative, financial, and legal systems regulating the space sector
• Technological and manufacturing systems for spacecraft and systems
• Ground systems software, embedded systems, and artificial intelligence systems.
• Sensors and various payload systems in the fields of communications, navigation, sensing, Earth observation, and space exploration.
• Space applications and uses of space technology
The project must be supported by a working prototype (Full conceptual ideas will not be considered).
The idea must offer a more brilliant, cheaper, upgraded, or better solution to a real market problem than the existing solutions or solve a future problem or need.
The project must be commercialized in nature and supported by a clear vision of how to penetrate the target market(s) and how it shall grow from there.
The project should have the potential to grow among significant market sectors and within multiple verticals or layers.
The project/startup cannot be incubated in another incubator or accelerator at the same time as its incubation at SSH.